My go-to green smoothie recipe. It’s forgiving and allows for a full day’s serving of fruits and veggies.
- 1 head of Romaine lettuce
- 2 ribs of celery
- 1 kiwi, peeled
- 1 green apple 🍏
- 1 Persian cucumber, or half regular cucumber — peel and all
- Nub of peeled ginger (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 can of coconut cream (look for no artificial ingredients. Trader Joes can recommended.)
- Juice from half of a lemon
- Coconut milk or water to blend (about a cup)
- 1/2 steamed sweet potato (red or white)
- 1 small beet – try both raw (peeled!) or steamed
- Rough chop or hand tear lettuce and celery into blender cup.
- Rough chop kiwi, apple, cucumber, add to blender.
- Add ginger, coconut cream, lemon juice, and water.
- Blend till smooth.
The water is for blending, the more you add the less flavor it will have.
Adding half of a sweet potato not only adds a good resistant starch to your diet (great for your gut microbiome!) but it also adds a touch of sweetness, as well as creating a silky texture that is more smoothie-like. I remove the potato peels, personally.
Beets have the same effect and are a little sweeter. With the beets, you should try both raw (peeled!) or steamed and see which you prefer.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 2
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 621Total Fat: 37gSaturated Fat: 26gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 37mgSodium: 201mgCarbohydrates: 66gFiber: 13gSugar: 40gProtein: 17g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.