Megan Bruneau is a psychotherapist, executive coach and podcast host. She has more than 12-years of experience and specializes in perfectionism-related issues, such as depression, anxiety, and eating disorders. Deepak Chopra dubbed her “the millennials’ therapist” as her “no-BS” approach to coaching may be the perspective you’ve been missing.
What We Learn:
- 06:27 The Benefits of Being Dumped
- 08:43 Pain x Struggling = Suffering (Buddhist quote mention)
- 10:26 The Cure For Pain is Pain
- 17:19 Megan’s Message: “instead of this whole look in the mirror and say “you’re perfect, you’re perfect”, say no you’re “imperfect and that’s okay.”
- 26:02 Narcissism convo begins
- 35:24 “The victim mentality” that comes with calling someone a narcissist
- 36:33 Misattribution of Arousal
- 37:16 We get used to inconsistent love: we see red flags and confuse them for love. We confuse anxiety for arousal.
- 42:36 “If it’s ‘love at first sight,’ run the other direction”
Megan Bruneau’s Website: https://meganbruneau.com/
The BS We Feed Ourselves Website: TheBSWeFeedOurselves.com
The BS We Feed Ourselves Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/thebswefeedourselves/
Shawna’s personal Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/shawnabigbydavis/