Dr. Terry Wahls was once confined to an electric wheelchair, but is now able to walk and ride her bike! She’s a former physician, was an assistant chief of staff at Iowa City Veterans Administration Health Care and is a clinical professor of medicine at the University of Iowa. She’s an esteemed author, has a private practice and conducts clinical trials. She says FOOD is what helped her get her life back! A revised edition of her book “The #WahlsProtocol” is out March 17th. https://terrywahls.com/the-wahls-protocol/
What We Learn:
- 01:13 – If you’d like to have a healthy body weight – DO THIS.
- 03:58 – Minding our Mitochondria – TED TALK
- 06:00 – The brain, retina, and your heart
- 08:18 – “Are eye compensates for a long time,” but vision testing can help you learn if your food is affecting your health and brain.
- 09:32 – “My kids are like, wow mom you keep looking younger and younger.”
- 10:00 – How your whole family can sustainably change diets
- 15:16 – Terry’s favorite Instapot recipes.
- 19:00 – I feel like we’re in an absolute epidemic, is that word too extreme?
- 21:49 – What’s The BS You’re Feeding yourself?
- 23:00 – The details on Terry Wahl’s new book!
- 26:00 – What’s in Shawna & Terry’s bag?
Dr. Terry Wahls website: https://terrywahls.com/
Dr. Terry Wahls Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/drterrywahls/
Dr. Wahls’ New Revised Book: https://terrywahls.com/the-wahls-protocol/
The BS We Feed Ourselves website: http://thebswefeedourselves.com/
The BS We Feed Ourselves Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/thebswefeedourselves/
Shawna’s Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/shawnabigbydavis/