Dr. Keesha Ewers is a doctor of sexology, a board-certified functional medicine provider, a best-author and a mother of four. She works with women to reverse their autoimmune disease, heal childhood trauma and make friends with the woman they see in the mirror.
What We Learn:
- 00:22 The Mother of Functional Sexology
- 01:38 – “I can feel how good sex feels”
- 04:36 – When you’re in fight or flight mode, your body isn’t going to want to have sex.
- 04:58 – For every 5 minutes you perceive yourself to be upset, it takes your body 8 hours to recover.
- 07:45 – The relationship between childhood trauma and autoimmune disease
- 07:52 – How Do You Become A Doctor of Sexology?
- 09:01 – Definition of Trauma, according to Dr. Keesha
- 09:44 – The HURT study “Healing Unresolved Trauma” study
- 10:32 – ACES study – Adverse Childhood Experiences Study
- 11:20 – Autoimmune Disease onset usually happens about 20 years after the trauma.
- 17:12 – Keesha shares her personal story of abuse
- 18:35 – “ANYONE with autoimmune disease has perfectionism, people-pleasing and the poison of past pain.” – Dr. Keesha Ewers
- 20:53 – A maladaptive memory loop that makes your libido go down further.
- 24:19 – “Resentment is one of the most dangerous toxic chemicals you can be exposed to.”
- 26:22 – The Process of Forgiveness: Ask yourself: what are the personality traits that drove this person to do the harmful things that they did?
- 32:08 – “There’s normal marital sadism in every marriage”
- 35:16 – The corner pieces to solving the puzzle when it comes to illness:
- Digestive Health
- Level of toxicity and your body’s ability to get rid of toxins
- Past Trauma and the ability to handle stress in the current day
- 37:13 – “Leaky boundaries create leaky gut.” – Dr. Keesha Ewers
- 41:50 – The “BS” Dr. Keesha feeds herself
25% Discount on 101 Cider and PulpCulture.la products available at their online store. Use promo code BSWFO
(Available from March 26th – May 15th, 2020)
The BS We Feed Ourselves website: http://thebswefeedourselves.com/
The BS We Feed Ourselves Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/thebswefeedourselves/
Shawna’s Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/shawnabigbydavis/