Natalie Kelley is a holistic health coach, recipe developer, and businesswoman. She’s also the host of the Thrive with IBD podcast. She’s experienced scary and painful moments due to her chronic illness: ulcerative colitis. In this episode, she opens up about how bloat and fatigue plagued her life and how she used to just pass it off as stress. Now, she’s found a way to turn her pain into purpose and is helping others with chronic illnesses like IBD thrive, and she’s just 23 years old.
What We Learn:
- 00:00:01:31 – Natalie explains what Ulcerative Colitis is
- 00:00:03:59 – I landed in the hospital.
- 00:00:06:40 – “I thought I’d never feel better”
- 00:00:08:34 – How to run a business with a sickness
- 00:00:23:18 – How to plan for 60 mins of “you time” daily!
- 00:00:26:03 – “I know for a while I was so resistant to that change because, in my head, I was like no. That’s not my plan, this is my plan. This is what my blog has been about for 4 years, how can I change that? The moment I let that expectation go and let my business flow the way it’s supposed to, I fell into exactly what I’m supposed to. Just keeping that mindset that change is okay and it’s scary.
- 00:00:26:52 – Another thing, I think is to believe in yourself. It’s so easy when you’re creating a business to have that self-doubt, And, I’ve have struggled with that for so long, I think therapy can help and like what you said, write down all your accomplishments.
- 00:00:26:52 – Say you have a chronic illness and want to start your own business, even in moments when you’re sick, don’t let your dreams go, Don’t think you have to quite your business, just take a break, but you’re going to be able to get back to it.
- 00:00:27:50 – How did you do the amazing thing you did? “Ask yourself How?”
- 00:00:31:45 – So, what’s the BS you’re feeding yourself?
Never Split The Difference – BOOK