Emily Fletcher, a leading expert in meditation, author and founder of The Ziva Technique is helping thousands of people to uplevel their health, sleep and sex life, kick-ass at work and at home through meditation. The New York Times, The Today Show, Vogue, and ABC News have all featured Emily’s work. She has taught The Ziva Technique to more than 15,000 students around the world. Find her book Stress Less, Accomplish More on Amazon now.
What We Learn:
- 05:25 – The Ziva Technique: Trifecta of Mindfulness, Meditation, and Manifesting
- 06:01 – Definition of Meditation: A tool to relieve stress– simplest version.
- 08:19 – If we ask terrible questions, we’re going to get terrible answers.
- 09:06 – “there is no manifesting without clearing the trauma”
- 09:35 – Stress makes us stupid, sick and slow. And, my type a’s don’t like hearing that. They’re like “no, I need my stress.”
- 09:48 – IE: There’s a reason you can’t find your key’s when you’re rushing to get out the door. (stress makes us stupid, sick and slow).
- 12:38 – stress is wreaking havoc on our bodies. According to Harvard Medical School, Stress is responsible for 90 % of all doctor’s visits.
- 14:16 – People are doing Ziva because they know Stress is costing them time. They’re not getting sleep… etc
- 15:38 – you do a few mins a twice a day
- 17:30 – Mark Hyman says for the 3 mins invest in Ziva, I get 3 hours of productivity back, a day.
- 21:17 – 2x breath for those super busy people who don’t want to meditate
- 22:42 – listener questions: like” Is meditation boring?” (is showering boring?)
- 25:34 – Is it best to meditate first thing in the morning… according to Emily: yes
- 25:49 – Don’t have coffee until you’ve done your morning meditation
- 28:14 – Explanation of how we’re seeking fulfillment
- 28:50 – People are terrified of feelings
- 34:11 – How to manifest: ask yourself “What would I love right now?”
- 35:55 – Make sure your dreams are still your dreams (not the ones you made up as a child.)
- 37:04 – What’s the most pressing need of the time, which of my skills best serve the need of the time, which of these skills would I like to use? which of these skills would I like to use right now?
- 40:25 – It is terrifying how your body will break down if you’re not sleeping.
- 45:28 – “I preach what I need to hear because I am a recovering control freak.” – Emily Fletcher
- 48:30 – How to “meditate” on your own
- 49:48 – What’s in Shawna’s bag? Segment
Emily’s Book: Stress Less, Accomplish More: https://www.amazon.com/Stress-Less-Accomplish-More-Extraordinary/dp/0062747509
Emily Fletcher’s website: https://zivameditation.com
The BS We Feed Ourselves website: http://thebswefeedourselves.com/
The BS We Feed Ourselves Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/thebswefeedourselves/
Shawna’s Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/shawnabigbydavis/