Summary: Grace McCalmon is certified nutritional therapist and health and wellness digital marketing creative at Bonafide Provisions, a Pasture-Raised Bone Broth company. She’s the first person who helped me discover my autoimmune issues. Now, she’s struggling to discover if everything she’s believed in, that’s helped others, is actually making her sick. You won’t want to miss this breakthrough episode.
How to Listen:
Stay up-to-date on the latest episodes by subscribing on iTunes.
What we discuss:
- 00:05:51:21 – “Finally I had to confront the fact that the food rules that I believed in , that this is right. It’s obviously note. Because it’s not working for [me.}” Even though the sciences makes sense and everything you read makes perfect sense to you and you feel like crap, you’ve got to do something different. And, that shattered my world.” – Grace McCalmon
- 00:10:25:14 – Bucking the status quo. How sometimes the BS We’re Feeding Ourselves can surprises us.
- 00:10:59:18 – Shawna and Grace break down what it means when you’re eating “healthy,” but start losing your hair. (For Show Notes)
- 00:11:31:04 – Book Mentions: Paleo Fails, Paleo Myths
- 00:12:39:04 – The Dangers of the “Keto High”
- 00:22:08:19 – “Yes, these diets work and they are for a purpose.. and for a person who needs the, if you don’t have a disease, You’re not going to take a medication. Why would you do a diet for a disease you don’t have?” – Grace.
- 00:24:43:22 – Interesting ideas about how diet case studies done by men, may not work for women.
- 00:25:39:24 – How Grace planted the seed that Shawna may have an autoimmune condition
- 00:28:03:05 – Bio-diversity / Bio-duality explained.
- 00:36:38:11 – Grace explains how everyone’s health is different and there’s no “one size fit’s all” way to good health.
- 00:42:42:15 – The challenges of being an INFLUENCER in the health and nutrition space.
- 00:48:36:14 – The benefits of bone broth.
- 00:54:25:21 – If I had one message for people: it’s that the goal is not more restriction. That may be necessary for a period of time, but the goal is not to move toward with a life of less and less and less, it’s to move toward a life of abundance in everything.” – Grace McCalmon
Links from this Episode:
Bonafide Provisions Instagram
Bonafide Provisions Website
What Did You Think? I’d love to hear from you! After you’ve listened to this episode, leave a comment and tell me what your favorite takeaway is and why.